Day 1 Concealed Carry Class
Law Weapons – Day One – 8 Hour Concealed Carry Class
This class covers all the State and Federal applicable laws required training and the firearms qualification requirement that is mandatory before you can apply for your permit
This class is the first of two classes for the 16 hour required training to obtain the Illinois Concealed Carry License.
NO AMMUNITION IN THE CLASSROOM
All firearms for this class must be cased when entering the classroom.
Course length is 8 hours including range time, but may vary with size of class and student abilities.
- General rules of gun safety.
- Semi-Automatic and Revolver Pistol Components.
- Ammunition fundamentals.
- Learning to fire the first shots.
- Firearm cleaning and maintenance
- The two- and one-handed grip positions.
- Live Fire at Range
Students must be at least 21 years old, have an open mind and a positive attitude, and be ready to learn.
Course will include all mandatory training requirements and relevant portions of the ILCS including:
The live fire qualification will be to the standards of the Illinois Concealed Carry training requirement. Passing this course of fire will allow the student to receive their course certificate after completion of the Day 2 class.
- All Applicable State and Federal Laws Relating to Ownership, Storage, Carry and Transportation of a Firearm (classroom minimum 2 hours)
- 430 ILCS 66/10(h) which includes appropriate and lawful interaction with law enforcement while transporting or carrying a concealed firearm
- 430 ILCS 66/65 which includes instruction on prohibited areas and the parking lot exemption
- The FOID Act 430 ILCS 65/1
- 720 ILCS 5/7-1. Use of force in defense of a person
- 720 ILCS 5/7-2. Use of force in defense of a dwelling
- 720 ILCS 5/7-3. Use of force in defense of other property
- 70 ILCS 24/-1. Unlawful use of weapons
- Definitions of dwelling, aggressor, forcible felony, and unlawful use of weapons pursuant to ILCS.
- Firearm Handling and Qualification (minimum 1 hour)
- Handgun and marksmanship fundamentals
- Proper handgun concealment
- Holster draw
- Live-fire instruction and qualification, minimum of 30 rounds
- 10 rounds from a distance of 5 yards
- 10 rounds from a distance of 7 yards
- 10 rounds from a distance of 10 yards
- -Updates to Illinois or federal firearms laws governing concealed carry in Illinois.
- -Updates on use of force laws and IL criminal statutes.
- -Appropriate and lawful interaction with law enforcement while transporting or carrying a concealed firearm.
Be prepared with the following for class:
- Payment receipt for the course – payment of course does NOT include any applicable range fee!
- Sign in at LWS retail store front PRIOR to the class start time, class begins at 9am sharp.
- Your own, modern, safe and fully functional handgun (no ammo, as there will be no shooting on the 1st day of class).
- There will be a short written test at the completion of the classroom work.