Copy of Illinois Day 2 Concealed Class
Law Weapons Day Two – 8 Hour Concealed Carry Class
This class is the second of two classes for the 16 hour required training to obtain the Illinois Concealed Carry License. Students must have completed the Day 1 class, or have a DD-214 honorable discharge from the military, and be eligible to apply for the Illinois CCL license. (LWS does not accept the Utah permit for a 4 hour credit.)
NO AMMUNITION IN THE CLASSROOM
All firearms for this class must be cased when entering the classroom.
- Illinois FOID and Concealed Carry Law.
- Use of cover and concealment.
- Personal Defense Ammunition fundamentals.
- State and Federal laws regarding firearm storage and transportation.
- Shoot/No-shoot video scenarios for class discussion.
- Advanced holster techniques.
- Holster types and considerations for concealed carry.
- Pistol selection criteria for concealed carry.
- Personal awareness and alert conditions.
- Live-fire instruction and qualification, minimum of 30 rounds
- 10 rounds from a distance of 5 yards
- 10 rounds from a distance of 7 yards
- 10 rounds from a distance of 10 yards
Course length is 8 hours.
Be prepared with the following for class:
- Your own, modern, safe and fully functional handgun. You may use a loaner firearm, if necessary, for an additional fee.
- Be sure to have 50 rounds of factory new ammo (NO reloads).
- Bring eye and ear protection! If you do not have eye and ear protection it can be provided at the range for a nominal fee.
- Appropriate holster for the firearm. Outside waistband holsters are preferred. Please have a sturdy belt for holsters.
- Appropriate range attire, ex: NO low cut shirts, NO open toe shoes, NO shorts.
- Payment receipt for this course AND current FOID card – payment of course does NOT include any applicable range fees!
- Documentation for any applicable prior training credit such as: DD214 or equivalent honorable discharge.
Upon successful completion a certificate will be issued. Failure to follow safety rules/instructions may be cause for immediate ejection.
Failure of live fire qualification will require additional training at an additional fee.
THE QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED TO OBTAIN AN ILLINOIS CONCEALED CARRY PERMIT ARE AS FOLLOWS:
- Be at least 21 years of age
- Have a valid FOID card (if an Illinois resident)
- Have not been convicted or found guilty in Illinois or any other state of:
- A misdemeanor involving the use or threat of physical force or violence to any person within the last 5 years
- 2 or more violations related to driving while under the influence of alcohol, other drug or drugs, intoxicating compound or compounds,
- or any combination thereof, within the last 5 years
- Not be the subject of a pending arrest warrant, prosecution, or proceeding for an offense or action that could lead to disqualification
- Not have been in residential or court-ordered treatment for alcoholism, alcohol detoxification, or drug treatment within the last 5 years
- Submit a completed Concealed Carry License application
- Successfully complete 16 hours of firearms training, including classroom and range instruction.